3.1 First Impressions
Posted by Blue Warlock on 18 April, 2009
Kudos, as always, to Blizzard for the new content… but could you please stop fucking up the old content?
Remember Nessingwary? Remember the Epic quests to single-handedly put entire species on the endangered list?
Remember the feel of being the animal worlds’ equivalent of a Reaper hyped up on Caffeine after a really bad day reaping?
Guess what…. nerfed.
That’s right Nessingwary has been castrated because we all know that WoW players are fluffy little vegetarians girls that faint at the idea of a skinning profession and are all card carrying members of PETA in real life. (no offence meant to the actual fluffy little vegetarian girls…. of whom I’m quite fond)
But still… what’s next? No more mining skills because it encourages the exploitation of mother earth…err… I mean mother Azeroth. Oh no… Don’t rain of fire on that marauding pack of murlocs, there might be a rare red-spotted swamp gurgler leading them.
For the love of god…. (troll gods of course)… what’s next? The quest to castrate Nessingwary? Lead Thrall to elocution lessons? Take 20 pink ribbons and cure the new King of his misogynistic tendencies?
I’ll tell you what’s next.
- The hunter class is being eliminated due to its exploitation of animals.
- Dwarven females are going to be encouraged to play naked because they should be ‘proud of who they are‘
- Trolls and undead will be hidden away because of their cannibalistic tendencies
- Both factions will make peace with the burning legion because they are ‘just misunderstood‘
- Gnomes will only be allowed to quest in male/female pairs so that they can’t fall prey to their homoerotic urges (we’ve all seen Lord of the Rings)
- … and death knights will have their ‘rise-from-the-dead-as-a-ghoul‘ ability removed in case it offends fundamental Christians… oh wait… already happened.
I feel so violated….
So actual changes… Talent trees have been dumbed down, grinding has been reduced, RET Paladins still need a serious Nerf, classes are still unbalanced, classes are loosing more and more individuality despite the unbalance issues, old crafted gear that no one will ever buy has been upgraded, Unholy DK’s got a nerf (mentioned in the last bullet point) that removes the only ability that differentiated them from a cut-&-paste Paladin clone.
But its really Nessingwary that chafes my ass….
This entry was posted on 18 April, 2009 at 5:38 pm and is filed under Author Speaks, Rant, World of Warcraft. Tagged: 3.1, future changes. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.